Winter is coming and with that, brings snow. Ice, snow shoveling, and side walk salting all pose dangers during work. In Enviro-Clean’s effort to continue a safe work environment, here are some proactive setups to take during the winter months.
Disposing of trash:
- Keep paths to dumpsters and vehicles clear of ice and snow. Salt icy areas before bringing trash to the dumpster.
- When disposing of trash into the dumpster, be sure the area you stand in is free of ice and snow.
- Remove snow from the dumpster lids with a broom or shovel before opening the lid.
- Keep feet planted when disposing of trash bags. Avoid swinging the trash bag, you could lose your footing.
- If snow is accumulated in front of your dumpster, report it immediately.